BIOGRAPHY - THE OPTOMETRIST
Amandeep Singh Matharu
QUALIFICATION:BSc (Hons) MCOptom
GOC No: 01-20438
- Qualified for over 10 years.
- Studying for a MSc in Optometry.
- Experience with fitting all types of Contact Lenses.
- Been accredited with Retinal Diabetic Screening Service.
- Experience with Cataract Referral Scheme.
- Further training in dry eye management.
- Keen Interest in Paediatric Optometry.
- Worked with local schools to create awareness of children's eye health.
- Actively involved in a once a year Business challenge with local school Helena Romanes since 2009.
I have been at The Opticians since 2005, with the aim to provide outstanding eye care, and create an established eye health centre for the community.
I qualified as an Optometrist in 2002 from City University, London. After completing my registration in 2003, I began as visiting practitioner, working at several different practices over Essex, Kent and London before becoming the resident Optometrist here.
I have now returned to City University, London, to study for a Masters in Optometry.